Infrared saunas sport plenty of health benefits. They diminish arthritis pain up to 70%, and they help burn about 5% of your body fat.
Infrared saunas up your morale and improve your health, so you can fight diseases better.
It’s important to choose the best product for your needs. My clients have various health issues, and I work together with their doctors to choose the best complementary therapies. We’ve tested the saunas below, and now you have access to our research.
Read along to find out which model is best for you. I’ll discuss all the advantages of IR saunas, where you can buy, and what warranties you can expect.
Bonus: if you have a limited budget, you’ll even find out how to build your own one-person sauna.
- 1. JNH Lifestyles
- 2. DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ
- 3. JNH Lifestyles MG101RB Freedom
These three models address different needs. Buy JNH NE2HB1 NE2HB sauna if you want rapid detoxification because it produces a lot of penetrating heat quickly.
However, consider Dynamic Saunas AMZ if you can’t withstand hot temperatures, and want to improve your circulation because it operates at lower temperatures.
JNH MG101RB is best if you want a compact personal sauna for muscle soreness and relaxation.
One Person Sauna Models (Review for 2022)
Choose your sauna carefully. Review the materials, warranty, and read the sauna reviews from customers to ensure the product you want is durable and effective. My advice is to get an IR sauna with tempered glass, quality wood, and low EMF.
Ensure your sauna keeps the heat trapped and that there aren’t any hot spots. Make sure it’s easy to install and that it fits your bathroom.
If you can get a home sauna that heats up quickly and allows complementary therapies, you’ve won the jackpot!
1. JNH Lifestyles – Best 1 Person Infrared Sauna
JNH Lifestyles Infrared Sauna is the best overall model because it’s effective and easy to use. If you want an IR sauna for detoxification and relaxation, I recommend this product because it will make you sweat. A LOT. Therefore, the toxins and stress will melt right out of your body.
My clients who bought the JNH sauna see high-quality bug improvements in their mood, skin, and digestion.
If you’re to take into account sauna experience like Lindsay’s, you can be confident the JNH will work for you as well.
Lindsay and thousands of other reviewers have used the JNH as part of their detox protocols for chronic illnesses.
This product will work for you as well because it features:
- Advanced ultra-low EMF infrared heat carbon fiber heaters. That’s a long title, right? But these panels with almost no EMF ensure your sauna heats up evenly and fast. The panels use the entire area of the heaters, so you can say goodbye to hot spots. Another advantage is that the heaters warm your whole body, thanks to their side position.
- 100% Canadian hemlock wood. Did you know that this is the best type of wood for saunas but and it is used for building long-lasting homes? Therefore, if you want a durable sauna, there’s no better candidate than Canadian Western Hemlock. Besides, you’re choosing an eco-friendly sauna that helps you protect the environment.
- Tongue & Groove design. This design has the wood pieces slide into each other smoothly, so the heat won’t escape from your cabin. That equals increased effectiveness. You will see some small spaces between the slats but fret not. These spaces ensure long-term durability and prevent cracks because they allow the wood to change its volume depending on the temperature.
- Dual-wall insulation. You don’t want your sauna to stop functioning if something happens to an outside wall panel. Thankfully, each wall panel has its own dual-wall protection to ensure your sauna still works if the inner panel is ok. Another advantage of this design is that all the heat goes into the inside walls, so your sauna is hotter with less energy consumption.
- Tempered glass. You’ve probably heard that glass is the most durable and can resist big temperatures. You will like the glass design because it ensures the long life of your sauna, but also because it’s see-through. So you don’t have to worry if you need to watch your children or don’t like cramped spaces.
- Easy setup. This model has a modular design, meaning you can install it easily. All you have to do is slide and clasp the panels. You’ll find all the buckles on the panels, so all you have to find is a screwdriver.
- Sound system. If you want to relax, the JNH sauna comes with Bluetooth and two speakers, plus an easy-to-reach controller. You can listen to whatever you want to enhance the sauna’s effectiveness. However, some people complain the sound system is a bit crackly, probably because of a poor connection.
- Digital control panel. The intuitive control panel allows you to adjust the temperature and duration easily. You can customize all your sauna sessions depending on your needs, and you don’t have to stress over sitting too much inside. That’s because the control panel features an alert to tell you the session is over.
Summary: JNH is the best infared sauna for 1 person due to it’s durable, well insulated, and safe. You will be enveloped in healing steam quickly and steadily, so choose this model if you’re on a detoxification regime.
2. DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ – Quality Single Person Sauna
Dynamic Saunas AMZ is advertised as a model that reduces your blood pressure, improves your circulation, and alleviates pain.
The reason lies in the double-panel construction. The thick walls heat up faster and retain more heat, so you can experience more benefits.
I recommend this product to clients who prefer a lower temperature but also want to see health improvements.
If a 200ᵒ temperature makes you sweat uncomfortably or stops your breath, consider Dynamic Saunas AMZ. Other benefits include:
- Canadian Hemlock wood construction. I already told you this type of wood is durable and eco-friendly. If you need a quality sauna that looks good, this model is right in your ballpark.
- Double-panel design. This insulating construction with thick inner and outer walls ensures your sauna heats faster and better. You won’t have to worry about your energy bill, nor cold spots. However, some people complain about the lack of heat from the bench and floor panels. This type is very effective if you have pain in your lower back, legs, and knees, or if you have poor circulation to the extremities.
- 6 Low EMF infrared Carbon Energy Efficient heating panels. DYNAMIC SAUNAS claims these large panels get 40% deeper into your skin, for faster health improvements. Although the panels work at 120-130ᵒF, you will see the effects on your pain and heart health quickly. In fact, a lower temperature is better than a higher one for your blood pressure if you have cardiovascular issues.
- Easy assembly. Most infrared sauna reviews agree that it’s easy to install this sauna. If you’re not a DIY expert, the slide and clasp design allows an intuitive setup.
- Soft-touch control panel. You’ll like the dual control panel because you get two displays: one inside and one outside your sauna. The control panel is, therefore, all about convenience. The screens are easy to use; they have soft-touch buttons and LED lights for better visibility.
- MP3 sound system. The MP3 connection with speakers allows you to play your favorite tunes and shows while enjoying your sauna.
Summary: Get DYNAMIC SAUNAS AMZ if you have cardiovascular issues and want to improve your circulation or reduce joint pain. This dry sauna envelops you in healing steams at a lower temperature, so you will feel comfortable and relaxed.
3. JNH Lifestyles MG101RB Freedom – 1-Person FAR Infrared Sauna
JNH MG101RB has similar characteristics to the first JNH model we discussed. However, it has compact dimensions, so it’s better if you have limited space.
I also recommend the MG101RB to clients who want a stylish corner infrared sauna. The Canadian red cedar wood has a red nuance and a soothing aroma that improves your bathroom décor.
JNH claims their MG101RB model helps you detoxify, alleviates your pain, and relaxes you.
That’s probably because of features like:
- 6 infrared carbon fiber heaters. These carbon-fiber panels ensure your sauna is hot-spot-free. The even heat envelops your whole body for a more soothing and healing experience.
- 100% Canadian red cedarwood. This type of wood is durable and prevents your sauna from getting moldy. Bonus: no insects will come near it because it’s a natural repellent. Red cedar also ensures your sauna looks stylish and smells inviting, meaning you can achieve complete relaxation faster.
- Tongue & Groove design. We already talked about this design, so you know it’s durable, it traps the heat inside, and it prevents cracks. Just a quick reminder: don’t worry if you see those gaps between the slats. The wood will increase its volume, and they won’t let the heat escape.
- Double-wall insulation. Two walls equal better insulation and more heat in your sauna. The other advantage is that you can still use the sauna safely if the outer wall gets a small crack. Basically, the sauna is still functional until you can repair the damage.
- Tempered glass. We talked about this too. Glass gives you the guarantee of durability, plus the design looks stylish in your bath. Another advantage is that you can see through the glass windows to avoid getting claustrophobic.
- Modular design. Remember that all you have to do is slide and clasp the panels? Get your screwdriver ready.
- Bluetooth sound system. This sound system is easy to connect to your phone because it has two Bluetooth speakers. These speakers have good coverage, so you can relax completely.
- Digital control panel. The panel has an easy two-step interface for your convenience. Adjust your temperature and duration and begin your sauna! You can even enjoy a quick worry-free nap because the alarm will wake you up when your session is over.
Summary: JNH MG101RB is a mini-sized sauna you should get if you have limited space. Consider this model if you want quick relaxation, reduced muscle soreness, and significant detoxification effects. That’s because JNH MG101RB surrounds you with soothing heat that penetrates your muscles 5 minutes after getting inside the sauna.
SUMMARY: These three models address different needs. Get JNH NE2HB1 NE2HB sauna if you want rapid detoxification. Consider Dynamic Saunas AMZ if you can’t withstand hot temperatures, and want to improve your circulation. Get JNH Lifestyles MG101RB if you want a compact sauna for muscle soreness and relaxation.
Models not included in the review:
- Radiant Saunas MSA6310 Rejuvenator
Advantages of the One Person Infrared Sauna
The Internet is filled with people’s personal experiences with infrared saunas, but you should take everything with a grain of salt. Adjust your plans after doing your research carefully!
For instance, some companies market their products as full-spectrum infrared saunas. You can see this in some Costco or Wayfair saunas.
This marketing ploy is designed to trick you into thinking their products are better, but the fact is they’re not.
That said, here are some benefits to consider:
- You can lose up to 4% of your body fat if you’re using an IR sauna three times per week, 30 minutes per session. As you start sweating, your body will work harder to cool you off, which means your metabolism receives a big boost.
- Improved blood circulation. As your metabolism increases, so will your heart rate. The result is your blood pressure will drop and that your extremities will be irrigated better. Your heart will have to work less hard because heat is a great helper, so you will lower your risk of cardiovascular issues.
- Your sore muscles will feel better. Increased blood circulation means your muscles get more oxygen faster, so they can heal faster. Besides, deep therapy dilates your blood vessels, so you won’t experience as much muscle spasms.
- Better immune system. When you increase your body temperature, it’s like creating a fake fever. Fever is good because that’s what your body does when it fights infections. Low-level fever under 102ᵒ boosts your immune system, and that’s exactly what the IR sauna does. Do this in the long-term to be more resistant against illness.
- Detoxification. Improved blood circulation means your blood transports the toxins faster. Sweating means they have a way of getting out of your body instead of making you sick. Sweating gets rid of lots of toxic chemicals, such as cadmium, lead, mercury, and arsenic.
- Less cellulite. Cellulite is just fat cells. Cellulite is not unhealthy per se, but some people find it unappealing. The good news is that a 4% body fat loss translates into less cellulite on your legs and butt.
- No more joint pain. If you have arthritis, joint stiffness, or neuralgia, consider getting an infrared sauna. Studies show that IR saunas can alleviate your chronic pain to up to 70% because they decrease your inflammations and improve your circulation.
- Better skin. Heat opens up pores, and sweat eliminates microscopic traces of dirt that cause your acne. Detoxification also produces better skin because you’re overall healthier, while regularly sweating keeps your skin moist.
- Better mood. 15 to 30 minutes for yourself, listening to music in a quiet environment is very relaxing. Besides, improved blood circulation reduces your stress hormones, so the result is a happier, healthier you.
Getting a one-person sauna has other advantages because of its size. It’s smaller, therefore compacter, and easier to fit in your bathroom. Many of these models are easy to install, and you can enjoy a quick sauna in no-time because they heat up quickly.
SUMMARY: One-person saunas are easy to heat; they’re stylish and compact. Consider getting a one-person infrared sauna models if you’re tired, have chronic pain or muscle soreness, or want to improve your overall look. If you have poor circulation or immunity problems, an IR sauna can help you overcome them.
How to Build A 1 Person Sauna
If you’re a DIY master, you can easily save up to $1500 by building your own one-person traditional sauna at home. I won’t guarantee it will be as good as a Clearlight sauna, but it will get the job done.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Choose your space. Opt for a 5 x 5 feet room, or transform an old wardrobe. If you’re good with tools, build a small enclosure or tent. Just stay away from flammable or toxic materials like cheap glue.
- Get four 250W heat bulbs from Costco or Amazon.
- Get four 300W clamp lamps, one for each bulb. Consider porcelain sockets because they’re safer. If you’re building an IR sauna in your bathroom, use a power strip to make sure no water gets mixed up with the electric cords.
- Buy or make a wire rack. You need about three shelves for the lamps to cover your entire body. Place the lower shelf at a mid-calf height, the mid-shelf around your core level, and the highest shelf somewhere around your neck area.
- Get an extra heater. The best size is under 750 W, depending on how big your sauna is. Choose a low-EMF sauna heater for extra safety.
- Buy a thermometer to keep track of the temperature.
SUMMARY: A one-person sauna is an easy job for a DIY master and it saves you a lot of cash. However, if you have a small budget and want to make sure you’re not compromising your safety, consider buying a portable infared sauna online.
Are 5 Minutes in a Sauna Enough?
Wondering how long it takes to sweat out the alcohol? It may depend on your exercise intensity. “If you’re running around, sprinting, you don’t have as much time,” says Dr. Jennifer Hendershott, a Mayo Clinic health psychologist. “If you’re lifting weights, say, you can spend up to 15 minutes in it.” It’s also best to use the hottest of the sessions, and that can vary, depending on your body’s tolerance for the heat, she adds. “Ten minutes is a good range,” Hendershott and customer service says. If you’re too hot, it’s time to get out of the sauna. If you’re still warm after five minutes, you can continue until you cool off little infrared heaters with chromotherapy lighting.
The only real way to get your liver to detox your system of alcohol is to avoid drinking in the first place, say experts. But if you have to pop open a bottle at a party or at a get-together, just skip the next round of alcohol and cut it off. As soon as you’ve had your beer or wine, spit it out or down water. If you really do want another, wait until your liver’s been rid of toxins, says Dr. Ronald Kessler, a clinical professor of psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical College and author of The Alcoholic Mind: The Science Behind Addiction, Depression, and Compulsivity. After all, he says, “most of the alcohol stays in the body for a short while.”
Is Sunlight a Good Sauna?
This is a very popular question among skeptics. People are often hesitant to seek out professional advice from someone other than a doctor, but the evidence is clear: solar-heating saunas are safe and a lot more effective for your health than cold showers. So who can we trust, and who should we listen to? Let’s be honest: when it comes to the health claims made by alternative health gurus, it’s hard to know who to believe.
Thankfully, science has gotten a lot better at sorting through quackery and pseudoscience. This has not been without controversy, however. Many alternative health practitioners are very knowledgeable about natural treatments and herbal remedies, but how much is just marketing hype? When it comes to this particular matter, the evidence is overwhelming that saunas are a safe and beneficial way to heat up and relax. You don’t need to resort to all the garbage made up by other gurus. With that said, there are two things you need to know before you start a sauna program. The first is that there are many types of saunas.
What’s Better Steam Room or Sauna?
The sauna and steam room, generally, allow for a deeper type of heat, as steam as well as body heat. Steam also helps increase blood flow and circulation to the heart. Of course, you have to do the activity for both, but it’s possible for a few minutes a day, depending on your schedule. Steam can also help lower inflammation and aid with muscle recovery.
Sauna hot steam rooms and saunas are a bit easier to maintain than steam rooms. There’s no reason not to include both types of heat in your sauna sessions; just heat it up and do a few minutes. Sauna hot steam is not hard to maintain as long as you keep your skin on when the heat is on. Sauna Hot steam rooms and saunas provide some health benefits as well. For example, heat has been proven to help lower cholesterol. Sauna steam has been proven to help improve circulation as well as reduce pain.
How Do You Build a One Person Sauna?
Not without a whole lot of elbow grease, that’s for sure! A radiant or infrared heating element works well, as does some kind of water or oil system for soaking the wood. There is a number of ways to get woodstove pipes made of flexible plastic pipe insulation (usually called NFPA 845) and folded in some kind of a shape that can be put together like a sauna. Some of these can be on the market already or are going into production.
Below I’ll show you one possible version that I can build from off-the-shelf parts and that will provide you with a good starting point to develop a concept you’ll need to build in the workshop. Most of the wood sauna building companies I have talked to recommend a pipe-and-tube construction for an effective one-person unit because of the joints being placed right along the length of the pipe and the entire system fitting into a small area that is close to what I have always found to be the optimal area for heat transfer.
What is the Smallest Sauna?
The shower-sized sauna is the cheapest of the three options, costing $125. It can fit up to three people at a time and is able to heat up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is best used only for shorter periods of time, lasting up to 40 minutes at a time. It should also be used with caution because overexposure to the heat can damage your skin.
If you’re going to measure the smallest sauna, you have to get a good picture of the way it works. In our view, the most common mistake is to think of a hot tub, which is basically a steam chamber that has a lowered temperature to keep water from evaporating. In other words, you add more hot water to the sauna.
Where To Buy / Warranty
Unfortunately, some manufacturers don’t allow you access to their warranty if you’re not buying directly from them.
The warranties vary depending on the brand and product quality. For instance, JNH saunas are backed by a 1-3 year warranty for the electrical warranty, wood frame, and heaters.
This warranty is valid only in the US and Canada, and there’s no warranty for the glass. Other saunas by other manufacturers come with no warranty at all, though.
SUMMARY: Check the official websites of the products I reviewed or click on the links above. They’ll send you to safe places where you can buy these IR saunas.
Final Words. What is the Best Model?
This article took you through three of the best one-person sauna models. I discussed all their characteristics in terms of their best use, so you can choose the sauna that fits your needs. You can also decide faster if you read the IR sauna advantages above.
For instance, JNH Lifestyles MG101RB is best for people with limited space because it’s smaller.
Dynamic Saunas AMZ is best for people with cardiovascular issues because it produces smooth steam at lower temperatures.
That said, I recommend the JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1 NE2HB sauna. This is the best overall model because its enveloping steam will penetrate deep in your muscles. Your chronic pain will subside, your muscles will feel less sore, and your detox regimen will work better.
Improve your health and mood with just 30 minutes of sauna per day. Get your JNH Lifestyles NE2HB1 NE2HB sauna now.