Sedona Luxury Computerized Steam Shower is the best model in this review, thanks to its feature-packed, durable, and sleek design.
Backed by a ten-year warranty that you can’t ignore, the Sedona Luxury Computerized Steam Shower allows you to enjoy water acupuncture massage, Jacuzzi, aromatherapy, and chromotherapy.
All the other shower systems in this review are manufactured and retailed by trustworthy brands, but that’s not the only thing that matters.
If you get a shower cabin with aromatherapy when you would benefit more from pulsating jets, you won’t get the therapeutic benefits you need — the result: buyers’ regret.
Read the article below to discover the best steam shower brands depending on your needs. Bonus: helpful tips for installation and busted myths regarding steam showers, vents, and mold.
- 1. Sedona Luxury Computerized Steam Shower –Best overall
- 2. Siena Computerized Steam Shower –good for a complete spa experience
- 3. Ariel Platinum DZ987F9-L – For people who suffer from insomnia, stress, or depression
- 4. Superior Computerized Steam Shower by Maya Bath – For a Complete Steam Shower experience
- 5. Kokss Y8004-A – Best value
- 6. Platinum Verona Steam Shower Sauna Enclosure – For muscle and pressure point relief
- 7. Aston – Frameless steam shower enclosure
- 8. Mesa 803L 2-Person Steam Shower – Affordable choice for people with tension knots
- 9. Corner Steam Shower by Luxury Shower – Small
- 10. Manhattan Luxury Computerized Steam Shower by Lusso Bath – a good futuristic-looking model for a relaxing spa experience
- 11. Madison by Lusso Bath – For mobility-challenged people
Best Steam Shower Reviews (Updated for 2021)
The models below differ in terms of jets, entertainment features, therapeutic functions, materials, and styles.
It would be hard to choose the right steam showers because all these specs can confuse a newbie. Luckily, I’ve classified these products depending on their pros, cons, and best use.
Tip: If you want to check more models with functional, modern design in the middle-price range, consider Kohler Steam Shower. All these models have your steam bath ready in under a minute, but they don’t include built-in massage or therapeutic features.
1. Sedona Luxury Computerized – Top-Rated Steam Shower
Sedona Luxury Computerized Steam Shower is a holistic steam shower tub combo of smart massage, Jacuzzi, and sauna, backed by a 10-year warranty, which is why it’s the best overall steam shower in this review.
This product is heavy and huge, but it’s tough and feature-packed for ultimate relaxation, similar to the Lifetime Bath Mind Relaxation Cabin.
- Thorough massage. The sixteen whirlpool and ten acupuncture jets offer a whole-body massage, including a foot to relieve tense muscles, reduce insomnia, and relax you.
- Entertainment options. This model offers a 12-inch waterproof Android Tablet TV and FM radio for your favorite shows, plus it’s Bluetooth and MP3 compatible to listen to your favorite music. All these come with a water-resistant remote for easy use.
- Relaxing. The Sedona Luxury boasts aromatherapy plus fluorescent mood lighting to calm you down after a long day. Need more relaxation? The steam sauna courtesy of a heat pump is just what you want.
- Safe and low-maintenance. Sedona Luxury keeps you safe in the shower because it has sturdy hand grips, an emergency alarm, and an auto safety shutoff. The cabin stays cleaner for longer thanks to the ozone sterilization system, pedal drain, and ventilation fan.
- Useful extras. The cabin comes with everything you need for showering and baths. The mirror doesn’t fog, you have underwater LED lights, the two shower heads are easy to adjust, the storage shelves are roomy, and the rainfall ceiling shower is extremely comfortable.
- Durable. The Sedona Luxury lasts for at least ten years if you’re to believe the warranty. Its frame is stainless steel reinforced with fiberglass, and the windows are made with tempered glass, which explains the long life.
Summary: The Sedona Luxury is a big, heavy steam shower with all the bells and whistles for relaxation, pain relief, and safety. This product is durable and uses top materials.
2. Siena Computerized Shower with Telephone & TV by Maya Bath
Siena Computerized Steam Shower is the runner up to Sedona Luxury, but it was a close call considering they have almost the same features, from the entertainment options to the same materials and warranty.
These cabins look the same, but the Siena has a smaller, 8.4-inch LCD TV and a 4kW steam generator, which is better for smaller shower enclosures than the 5kW steam generator the Sedona uses.
The result is that the Siena is a smaller cabin than the Sedona, which is why it’s “only” 750 pounds compared to Sedona’s 850.
Another disadvantage is that the Siena doesn’t have Bluetooth compatibility, although it has MP3 and CD compatibility.
Tip: If you need a slightly smaller item than this one, but with similar features, consider the Ariel WS-608A with Whirlpool Bath.
Summary: The Siena is a good choice for people who want a smaller shower, but also feature-packed with all the means for relaxation and muscle recovery, such as Jacuzzi, massage, and entertainment.
3. ARIEL Platinum DZ987F9-L
Ariel Platinum DZ987F9-L is best for people who suffer from insomnia, stress, or depression because it uses a combination of chromotherapy, aromatherapy, and six massage jets. Although it’s smaller than the two items above, it can fit two people.
The aluminum frame is as durable as stainless steel, but the sapphire-brushed finish offers it increased elegance. The 8mm tempered glass is grey and looks modern too.
This Ariel is 3kW, so it’s not extremely powerful. However, you can relax thanks to the MP3 and Bluetooth function with 2GB of memory plus the FM radio.
The Ariel DZ987F9-L is low-maintenance thanks to its ventilator, hidden steam outlet, and the fact that you can repair the steam room inside the unit. Bonus: the six massage jets are copper aka rust-resistant
Summary: Ariel Platinum DZ987F9-L is a good choice for people with chronic sleep issues or anxiety thanks to its unique combination of aromatherapy, chromotherapy, and massage. Although it’s a small shower with a small door, it’s a durable choice.
4. Superior Computerized Shower by Maya Bath
Superior Computerized Steam Shower by Maya Bath is best for people looking for holistic shower experiences, but who also prefer a bigger shower enclosure that looks like something Captain Jean-Luc Picard would install on Star Trek. In fact, this cabin would work as a 3 person steam shower.
This cabin has similar features to the Sedona Siena Computerized Steam Showers. An important difference, and why this product ranks third, is that it doesn’t have Sedona’s fiberglass reinforcement to the steel frame.
Although Maya Superior has a ten-year warranty, it might not be as resistant and easy to clean as Sedona.
Summary: Maya Superior is best for people looking for a futuristic, accommodating shower with the relaxation opportunities on the market.
5. Kokss Y8004-A Corner Shower Room with Glass Sliding Doors
Kokss Y8004-A is one of the best showers for less money because it has plenty of massage features and entertainment, but it’s not as durable as the Siena or Sedona.
It’s also smaller and good for people with muscular pain, considering it has pulsating jets.
- Muscle pain reliever. The Hydro Jets pulse and offer a deep massage when you’re sitting. Pair them with the foot massager for a relaxing time after a hard day.
- Spa-like relaxation. The shower has a CD/MP3 connection, radio, speaker, and LED. These features allow you to relax listening to your favorite tunes or shows.
- Safe. Although it doesn’t have a built-in alarm, you can use the hands-free phone call option. This feature also allows you to keep in touch with your work or friends if you have a hectic schedule.
- Refreshing shower. The showerheads have an overhead rain shower design, and the hand-held shower offers various settings to customize your bath experience.
- User-friendly features. The built-in fan allows you to ventilate the shower enclosure, the touch screen control panel is intuitive, plus there are a glass shelf and towel rack for your personal items.
Summary: Kokss Y8004-A is a feature-packed, affordable shower for relaxation and tension relief, but it uses cheap materials, which reflects the price.
6. Platinum Verona Sauna Enclosure Jetted Spa
Platinum Verona is best for people with achy muscles and pressure points.
It’s also best for installation on a walled enclosure, not in the corner of your bathroom.
- Fit for two people. It has two wooden stools, twelve acupressure massage jets, plus chromotherapy and aromatherapy for increased relaxation.
- Pain relief. Platinum Verona is smaller than the Sedona or Siena Shower rooms, but it has a sturdy 4.5 kW steam generator. In combination with the acupressure massage jets, steam penetrates muscles and relieves tension after a long day or after a hard workout.
- Relaxation. Steam plus chromotherapy and aromatherapy increase relaxation before bed because these therapies send healing waves to your brain. These therapeutic features are good for people with mood swings, anxiety, or sleep issues. Add the radio and MP3 connection to play your favorite tunes, and to increase the relaxation effect.
- User-friendly. The LCD touchscreen is intuitive and easy to use. You can easily customize your shower.
Summary: Platinum Verona Sauna Enclosure costs as much as the Sedona, but it lacks extra features such as TV or emergency alarm. With its 12 acupressure jets, steam, aromatherapy, and chromotherapy it’s best for people with muscle knots and extreme relaxation.
7. Aston Bromley GS
Aston is best for people who want a modern-looking, corner-fit, frameless enclosure for their steam shower.
This cabin looks modern, but it lacks the bells and whistles of the products above, including the shower generator.
You can get a complete steam shower kit from a reliable company like Northeastern Steam Shower, and customize it however you like.
- Aston Bromley GS is made with top materials. The premium 3/8 tempered safety glass is thick and withstands breaks and scratches, plus it has an ANSI Z97 certification. Bonus: the Star Cast matte-black glass coating ensures extra safety.
- Easy installation. The return panel is fully installed, and you can adjust the cabin’s width between 54.25 to 55.25 inches for installation purposes. You can choose a left or right-hand opening thanks to the reversible design, and the clear seals are full-length to ensure you get no leaks.
Summary: Aston is a sturdy, timeless-looking shower enclosure made with top-quality glass for your steam shower. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a base and it doesn’t have extra perks.
8. Mesa 803L – 2-Person Steam Shower
Mesa 803L 2-Person Steam Shower is the best affordable choice for people who usually get tension knots and muscle aches if you don’t mind the extra work.
The twelve acupuncture massage jets are effective, but the shower isn’t completely waterproof. As such, you need quite a bit of caulk to prevent leaks.
- This model features a 3kW steam generator, best fit for a smaller enclosure, so this unit is not best for two big and heavy people. However, the two foldable seats are comfortable for a quick steam session.
- The two adjustable hand-held shower wands are easy to use and have an ergonomic grip. They don’t have a lot of settings, so turn on the FM radio if you want some extra relaxation.
- This enclosure has an ETL/CSA certification for safety, and it’s built with durable materials. The walls are quality glass, and the aluminum alloy corner panels are tough. Considering the price, the manufacturer has made some compromises, so the screws will rust, and the paint will come off in about a year if you don’t ensure good drying and airing.
Summary: The Mesa 803L 2-Person has twelve acupressure jets and a 3kW steam generator to relieve high pressure knots and post-workout muscle tension. This affordable shower can leak and rust, so it needs extra work.
9. Corner Steam Tub with Bluetooth Audio by Luxury Shower
Corner Steam Shower by Luxury Shower is a good small shower because it’s feature-packed with massage and relaxation options.
Tip: Consider the Bath Masters 8004-AS if you want an even smaller, feature-packed shower. This Bath Masters Steam Shower is only 36×36 and has a 30-day return policy.
- Thorough massage. The six body massage jets and foot massage offer stress relief, especially in combination with the overhead rainfall shower.
- Relaxation. Aromatherapy, radio music, and the blue LED lights combine to soothe and calm you before bedtime. If you’re stressed, anxious, or nervous, aromatherapy, blue light, and music put you in the right frame of mind.
- Easy to control. The digital timer helps you program your shower session, and the water temp control ensures you get the right temperature for your preferences.
- User-friendly. This cabin boasts plenty of user-friendly features, such as fog-free mirrors, seats, ventilation, hand-free phone connection, white ceiling lamps, remote control, and mic.
- Good materials. The board is a mix of ABS and Acrylic, the parts are aluminum alloy, the frame is steel, and the thick 5mm glass is tough.
Summary: Corner Steam Shower by Luxury Shower is the small shower for relaxation and stress relief, thanks to its combination of aromatherapy, LED blue lights, and six jets. However, it lacks a steam generator and safety features like an emergency alarm or auto-shutoff.
10. Manhattan Luxury by Lusso Bath
Manhattan Luxury Computerized Steam Shower by Lusso Bath is another good futuristic-looking steam shower room for a relaxing spa experience.
This item and Sedona Luxury have most of the same characteristics and look almost the same. The main differences are that Manhattan Luxury is:
- Has no fiberglass reinforcement on the stainless steel coating
The last feature is why the Sedona Luxury is better than the Manhattan, but the Manhattan Luxury has plenty of good features listed below:
Summary: Manhattan Luxury Computerized Steam Shower by Lusso Bath is best for people who want a futuristic-looking, holistic shower with a powerful steam generator for a relaxing spa experience.
11. Madison Computerized Sauna
Madison by Lusso Bath is good for mobility-challenged people who need a good hydro massage. That’s because Madison has a walk-in tub that doesn’t need you to lift your leg to get inside.
- Chronic pain relief. The combination of enveloping steam created by the 4.5kW steam generator, the 38 whirlpool massage jets, and 3D circulative opposite hydro-massage is good for people with chronic pain. This chronic pain can be caused by arthritis, sciatica, compressed discs, or injury to your legs or back.
- Psychological support therapies. People who suffer from chronic pain usually have some psychological symptoms associated with physical pain. The chromotherapy lights and aromatherapy can alleviate those feelings of anxiety and sadness.
- Low-maintenance. As a bonus for mobility-challenged people, the self-cleaner function, intuitive computer control panel, and vent make this cabin easy to use and to clean.
Summary: Madison by Lusso Bath is the great option for mobility-challenged people in need of a thorough massage, done with 38 whirlpool and body massage jets.
SUMMARY: From top computerized steam shower unit to simple, yet functional shower enclosures, I’ve taken you through the top brands on the market. Choose one according to your needs, weighing all the pros and cons above.
About Kohler Steam Shower
The lower guest bath is a hidden oasis in any luxury home. This bathroom is complete with a chic shower with steam, rain head, and herringbone-patterned tile. The look is completed by Kohler’s Kohler Rain Heads. These sound systems spray out warm or cool water to keep you comfortable. The lighting is dim, and you can control the shower’s temperature from anywhere in the house. This bathroom doesn’t just have steam, it has steaminess. The shower’s doors open and close automatically to vent the mist inside and outside. Kohler’s well-balanced rainwater replenishes the pipes, the spa, and the showerhead.
Just because you’re burning water doesn’t mean your back hurts. Kohler’s ultimate in self-care technology features infrared LED lighting to improve the circulation, giving you the warmth and ease you’ve come to expect from their legendary products. The low-speed, high-power jet streams heat the water to a 100-degree setting (perfect for eliminating dampness, sweat, and 6kw steam generator), while the adjustable heating head and, you guessed it, the music streaming aromatherapy system will leave you relaxed, refreshed, and perhaps, ready for round two. If you want to kick yourself back into shape, a spa-quality facial steam shower is a must-have. The practical-looking Probus shower will keep you feeling calm and relaxed for days on end while reducing the appearance of cellulite and improving blood circulation, leaving your skin glowing. Powered by the power of steam, the setup will make for a much more relaxing experience and the individual tubs will keep the steam from falling into your eyes.
Are Steam Showers Bad for Your Lungs?
In recent years, there’s been a flurry of studies into potential health risks associated with steam showers. One study found that between 10 and 20 percent of showers fail to heat water to a comfortable temperature for athletes. Steam showers work by drawing moisture from the air to the showerhead and then forcing it through the plumbing system, into your head. Steam is said to reduce fatigue and increase circulation, which seems plausible enough.
But many people who steam don’t realize that the shower isn’t yet neutral with respect to its vapors. Those who consume them regularly are concerned that their lungs are being damaged by the lingering dampness. Advertisement. Steam shower users are probably more concerned about the potential damage to their skin. For decades, some scientists have worried about the potential skin effects of steam showers. A 2016 study found that the heating system in most showers was going to cause you to harm if you left it on for long.
How to Build a Steam Shower / Installation Guide
Installing a steam shower is a difficult job, even if you’re used to some DIY.
Most steam showers brands recommend professional installation for their products, and can even put you in touch with a team of plumbers and electricians they usually work with.
If you want to take on this job yourself, read the installation guide and watch some YouTube tutorials for the specific product you’re buying.
Otherwise, here’s a quick guide on how to build a steam shower below:
- Make sure the bathroom is completely waterproof, with tile for all the walls, ceiling, and floor.
- Ensure the pipes, drains, and electrical wires are in their correct place.
- First, connect the parts that attach to the walls, such as the handheld showerhead, mountings, and controllers. Don’t place the control facing the generator.
- Choose the spot for your generator and connect it to the piping. This might require drilling and finishing in your bathroom wall if you don’t have a separate room for it.
- Connect the extras such as aromatherapy heads, lights, racks, and hand grips. Use a sealant for the job.
- Add the shower base or tub. Connect it to the piping and grout it with sealant.
- Add the doors or front part of the cabin and make sure it’s secure on the wall.
SUMMARY: Your generator is easy to install if you have all the parts in the package, plus the correct piping and wiring at home. Start with the parts that attach to the walls, install the generator, the base/ the hot tub, and end with the door.
Do Steam Cause Mold?
Residential steam showers can cause mold if your shower isn’t completely waterproof or if you don’t ventilate your bathroom.
Consider tile, stone, or cement for your shower instead of cheap plastic. Allow the stale air to get out after each shower or bath, especially if you have wooden chairs or whitewash walls.
SUMMARY: Steam showers cause mold only in poorly ventilated and not completely waterproofed rooms.
Does a Steam Shower Need a Vent?
Steam showers don’t need vents because that disperses the steams. A vent prevents you from ripping all the health benefits of a steam sauna, and it overworks the generator.
Clearing out steam is important if you want to prevent mold and rust, and to enjoy the fresh air. Stale air is a good home for bacteria and viruses, which means your sauna room can make you sicker instead of healthier.
The alternative is an exhaust fan or simply keeping the door steam to your bathroom open enough time to refresh the air inside.
SUMMARY: Installing a vent into your steam shower is counterintuitive. Ventilate your steam shower with an exhaust fan or by keeping the bathroom door open as much as needed.
Are Steam Showers Worth It?
Decide if steam showers are worth it by taking into account their benefits, their possible risks, and your budget.
If you’re a healthy, relaxed person with a good immune system, but few savings, it might not be worth it. But if you have poor circulation, sleep issues, regular migraines, or get colds often, investing in a steam shower can help you become healthier and happier.
Here’s what you should take into account:
- Improve circulation to the extremities
- Decrease your blood pressure
- Reduce your stress
- Eliminate dirt from your clogged face pores
- Decongest your airways and help fight respiratory infections
- Help you recover from a tough workout
- Give more flexibility to your joints and relieve symptoms of arthritis or post-injury pain
- Help you lose weight and improve symptoms of hormonal disorders like thyroid problems because they increase your resting metabolic rate
- Strengthen your immune system because they improve circulation
- People with low blood pressure, pregnant women, or those who don’t drink enough water might experience dizziness.
- People with severe heart problems might lose consciousness.
- Poor installation can lead to accidental fires.
SUMMARY: Steam showers kits sport various health benefits for your skin, heart, and immune system, but they can also prove dangerous if you have underlying medical conditions or don’t set them up properly. Steam showers are worthwhile if you have the budget and your GP gives you their go-ahead.
Final Words. Should I Buy a Steam Shower?
This article proves that buying a steam shower is the right choice if you want more glowing skin, help to fight infections, recover after a long day, or alleviate muscle or bone pain.
The question isn’t if you should buy a steam shower, though. The question is what steam shower is best for your needs.
This article gives you plenty of solutions depending on your main purpose:
Ariel Platinum DZ987F9-L is best steam shower for people who suffer from insomnia, stress, or depression, Madison by Lusso Bath is best for mobility-challenged people, while Mesa 803L 2-Person Steam Shower is the affordable choice for people who usually get tension knots and muscle aches.
Sedona Luxury Computerized Steam Shower is a holistic combination of smart massage, Jacuzzi, and sauna, backed by a 10-year warranty, which is why it’s the best overall steam shower in this review.
Take advantage of these features and the unbeatable warranty that proves Sedona Luxury’s durability. Order your perfect product now.