The biggest problem with shower generators is people not getting the right size because, of course, your generator won’t work if you buy one that’s too big or too small.
The second issue is people who skimp on money and get low-quality products from shady retailers instead of doing thorough market research.
Mr. Steam solves both these problems. Its products are in the middle-price range depending on the size you need, and the company offers a free Virtual Spa calculator to ensure you get the right size generator for your bath, together with the right accessories.
I’ve calculated all the dimensions, so you don’t have to. I’ll tell you all about the company, its repair, customer service, and warranty, plus info on how to install your Mr. Steam Generator. Read along!
MR. Steam Models:
- 1. MS400EC1 –For a 4 x 4 x 7 shower enclosure
- 2. MS225EC1 – For a 3 x 4 x 7 shower enclosure
- 3. MS90EC1 –For 2 x 2 x 7 feet bathrooms or a portable steam sauna
- 4. MS-Super2-EC1 bathrooms – For a 5 x 6 x 8 feet shower enclosure and small spa resorts
- 5. MSSUPER1EC1 – For a 5 x 6 x 7 feet enclosure
- 6. MS-Super3-EC1 – For a 6 x 6 x 8 feet shower enclosure
- 7. MS150EC1X – For a 2 x 3 x 8 feet shower enclosure
- 8. MAX Series Steam Bath Generator Package –For larger shower enclosures and calming
About the MR. Steam Shower Company
Mr. Steam was founded in 1917, which makes it one of the oldest companies in its field. This brand produces top quality products for steam showers, with a declared mission of making health and wellness available for everyone.
This family-owned company has grown into a giant electric steam manufacturer. Its products are found in hospitals, luxury spas, hotels, gyms, naval ships, and even the Kennedy Space Center. Mr. Steam has happy customers around the world, thanks to its innovative mindset.
Mr. Steam’s products are hi-tech and efficient, with intuitive controls and a sleek design, which is why they’ve received lots of awards throughout the years. Their products are designed for private residences, as well as businesses. These models are manufactured and assembled in the USA, backed by good warranties.
SUMMARY: Mr. Steam is an awarded company, with a tradition of over a century. Its top-quality, innovative products are designed for both commercial and residential use.
MR. Steam Generator Models
The models below are eco-friendly, highly technologized, and precise. You can easily conceal them or set them up further away from your bathroom. Choose the right model for your needs depending on your shower enclosure’s size. Although these models have similar features, they’re used in differently-sized enclosures.
1. Mr. Steam MS400EC1 9 kW
The MS400EC1 is an efficient and green generator, good for a 4 x 4 x 7 shower enclosure according to the Virtual Spa calculator from Mr. Steam.
- The MS400EC1 is a compact, small bathroom generator that’s easy to hide in vanity or closet. If your bath enclosure is tiny, you can set it up max 60 feet away from the steam shower, even if it’s on a different floor.
- MS400EC1 offers continuous steam, so your bathroom is heated completely, with no cold areas. This benefit is courtesy of two features: a water equalization chamber and auto steam.
- MS400EC1 is an eco-friendly product because it uses just two gallons of water, and it’s built with top recyclable stainless steel.
- MS400EC1 is a high-tech product. The craftsmanship is precise because the generator is robotically-welded, the microprocessor operating control is innovative, plus you have features like precision temperature control and time cutoff feature.
Summary: The MS400EC1 is good for people looking for best steam shower generators that are small, efficient, and green, and can easily be tucked away in vanity, or placed on another floor.
2. Mr. Steam Ms225ec1, 7.5 kW
The MS225EC1 has some of the same features as the MS400EC1 model above. This model is best for a 3 x 4 x 7 shower enclosure.
- Intuitive control. The digital controls are easy to operate and efficient thanks to the built-in microprocessor. You also get LED indicators for troubleshooting, plus you can install extras for aromatherapy and chromotherapy.
- Precision temperature probe so you can adjust the steam in your bathroom. The maximum allowed temperature is 120 degrees.
- Low-maintenance heating elements. You can remove the parts to clean them separately. This feature ensures extra safety and user-friendliness. The full-port drain valve is another advantage.
- 60-minute Cutoff Feature. The steam shower will stop automatically. If you fall asleep inside the sauna or forget to turn off the bath, the machine will stop by itself.
- Eco-friendly. This unit is made with 100% recyclable and corrosion-resistant stainless steel and uses less than two gallons of water.
Summary: The MS225EC1 is the best choice for people who want a smart shower generator for their smaller-sized bathrooms.
3. Mr. Steam Ms90e 5 kW
The MS90EC1 is the mirror image of the MS400EC1 we first discussed, but it’s almost half the size. The MS90EC1 is great for very small bathrooms, 2 x 2 x 7 feet, or a portable steam sauna. This shower generator uses just 0.67 gallons of water.
The main features I discussed with the MS400EC1 can be compared in terms of pros and cons:
Summary: The MS90EC1 is best for very small shower enclosures. Although it’s a quiet device, you can hide it in a closet on a different floor if your bathroom is too tiny.
4. Mr. Steam MS-Super2-EC1 12 kW
The MS-Super2-EC1 is great for a 5 x 6 x 8 feet shower enclosure. It works with the iSteam Touch Screen Control and the W236T towel warmer. The main features include:
- Compact. You can install this product in a closet, vanity, under your sauna bench, or even in the attic.
- Smart. The operating system is based on an innovative microprocessor for exact controls.
- Extras. You can install accessories for aromatherapy, chromotherapy, music.
- Safe. This product has LED lights that indicate troubleshooting problems. The generator is corrosion-resistant and comes with a low-voltage board and 60-minute auto-shutoff.
- Eco-friendly, quality materials. The MS-Super2-EC1is made with 100% recyclable stainless steel, and it uses under two gallons of water. The generator is CE and NOM certified for safety and quality.
Summary: The MS-Super2-EC1 is best for medium shower enclosures and small spa resorts. This model is easy to hide in an attic and allows various accessories.
5. Mr. Steam MSSUPER1EC1 12 kW
According to the Virtual Spa calculator, the MSSUPER1EC1 is good for a 5 x 6 x 7 feet enclosure, with the exact features as the model above. Just scroll up and read them again; I’ll wait.
The main difference between these models is that the MSSUPER1EC1 is for a slightly smaller bath, so it’s a few hundred dollars cheaper. Pair it with a wall seat and the W336TSSP towel warmer for a rounded sauna experience.
Summary: The MSSUPER1EC1 is best for a medium shower room. You can conceal it easily and add lots of sensory customizations for a complete sauna experience.
6. Mr. Steam MS-Super3-EC1 15 kW
The MS-Super3-EC1 is good for a 6 x 6 x 8 feet shower enclosure, or the equivalent of 605 cubic feet. It has the same specs as the two products above, including that you can place it 60 feet away from your shower room, and that it offers to envelop steam with precision controls.
This unit also uses less than two gallons of water, it’s easy to hide in a closet, and has a high-tech microprocessor for easy controls, just like all the MR. Steam products here, the MS-Super3-EC1 is eco-friendly, safe, plus CE and NOM certified.
Summary: The MS-Super3-EC1 is best for medium-large shower enclosures. Pair it with the W236TPC towel warmer but you can find chromotherapy, audio, and aromatherapy essential oils on the Mr. Steam website.
7. Mr. Steam Ms150ec1x 6 kW
The MS150EC1X is good for a 2 x 3 x 8 feet shower enclosure or the equivalent of 101 cubic feet for the room. This model is in the lower price range for Mr. Steam products.
This model is good for residential use, with most of the same features as the products above.
Summary: One of the smallest generators in this review, the MS150EC1X fits small enclosures, but it’s also precise, eco-friendly, and quiet.
8. Mr. Steam MAX Series Steam Bath Generator Package with I Tempo
The MAX Series Steam Bath Generator Package comes in three sizes, best for large to extra-large bathrooms:
- 20 kW: 7 x 7 x 8 feet bathrooms
- 24 kW: for 7 x 8 x 8 feet bathrooms
- 30 kW: for 7 x 9 x 8 feet bathrooms
These generators come with the ITempo Plus Control, the AromaSteam Steamhead, and the AutoFlush Technology.
Here’s what you can expect for each of these:
- Large industrial-size
- Low-maintenance with serviceable parts and full-port drain valve
- Modular connections for easy installation
- Easy to electronically control the water level and temperature
- Safe thanks to the low-voltage control, 60-minute electronic countdown, 75-minute auto shutoff, and ASME safety valve
ITempo Plus Control
- You can place it inside or outside your shower room
- The temperature is easy to program and read
- The keypad is soft-touch and quick to read
- Allows you to pause
- The calming effect when you add the essential oils
- Offers a balanced proportion of steam and aromas
- Sleek design
- Its job is to allow fresh water to go in the generator before you use it
- It drains the tank after you’re done
- It increases the generator’s durability and functionality
- Easy, quiet operation
Summary: The MAX Series Steam Bath Generator Package is good for larger shower enclosures. This product targets people who need aromatherapy for its calming effect.
SUMMARY: Mr. Steam Generators have similar features, such as safety shutoff feature, recyclable stainless steel construction, precise temperature control, and small water consumption. Some models allow more customizations, and you can also get the complete package.
How Do I Install Mr. Steam Generator?
Sizing is the first step of installation. Visit Mr. Steam’s Virtual Spa System for a thorough guide on how to pick the correct generator size, how to select your controls, and how to customize your generator. All you have to do is enter the dimensions of your bathroom.
Mr. Steam recommends professional installation. If you don’t know a professional contractor, the dealer will recommend one.
Mr. Steam has plenty of resources on how to install your generator or other products. They offer visuals as well as helpful instructions for the DIY-savvy customers.
SUMMARY: While Mrs. Steam recommends professional installation, the official website has various resources on how to do that yourself.
Reports & Customer Service
Mr. Steam offers top customer service even before buying your generator.
These pre-purchase services include:
- Registering your warranty
- Virtual spa for sizing and picking the correct generator
- Residential and commercial guides and specs
- Virtual tech
- Independent service locator
- Technical archives and manuals
- Info on planning your project
- Case studies, brochures, and video gallery
- Finding a dealer or an independent provider
Most people are happy with how functional and effective Mr. Steam generators are. They’re also excited about being able to use the additional therapeutic products, as well as the functional products from the same line, such as benches and towel warmers.
SUMMARY: The reviews on Mr. Steam agree that the products are top-notch, but some people complain about installation and repair difficulties. Mr. Steam offers reliable literature and customer support even before buying your generator, but some people complain about the post-purchase support.
Prices /Warranty / Troubleshooting
Mr. Steam’s generators range between about $2,000 and $6,000 depending on the size and finishes you choose. If you decide on buying an audio or aromatherapy kit, plus a bench, a smart controller or the AutoFlush option, prepare to pay more.
- Use a steam card generator if the Mr. Steam generator you want is over your budget.
- Some retailers like Nordic offer Mr. Steam products on sale with 10%+ discounts.
Mr. Steam’s generators and controllers have a limited lifetime warranty for products installed in the US and Canada. They offer free in-house repairs for the first two years, after which the warranty is valid for parts.
Mr. Steam has a lot of literature concerning troubleshooting problems on their website and within their user manuals. Their generators also have LED lights to indicate troubleshooting issues. However, some people complain about the support received if they can’t fix these issues by themselves because the repair process may last a few weeks.
SUMMARY: Mr. Steam’s shower generators are in the medium price range, depending on the size. Although they’re backed by limited lifetime warranties
The Mr. Steam models in this review are efficient, green, precise, and easy to control. They’re made with top recyclable stainless steel that resists corrosion and features CE and NOM certifications.
All the Mr. Steam Generators are backed by a limited lifetime warranty for the US and Canada installation, but they fit different-sized bathrooms.
The MS400EC1 is the best versatile model for most average-sized bathrooms considering its top functionality and sleek design.
You can also choose a bigger generator for your larger bathroom, such as The MS-Super2-EC1, or MS90EC1 for a portable sauna or tiny bath. If you want the complete experience, choose the MAX Series Steam Bath Generator Package, which prolongs the life of your generator and adds aromatherapy to the mix.
Take advantage of Mr. Steam’s century-old experience in the field, innovative technologies, and lifetime warranties, and get your MS400EC1 now.